If you love to play in the snow there is no place better than Winthrop! Home to the nation's largest cross-country ski area and countless other winter recreational opportunities such as:
- Outdoor ice skating! at Winthrop's award-winning ice rink
- Fat biking! That's right bicycling on the snow.
- Sledding and Tubing! Kids of all ages love nothing more than a great sledding afternoon.
- Snowshoeing! Pick a hill any hill or enjoy free snowshoe-led nature tours on many Saturdays.
- Alpine skiing and Snowboarding! At Washington's best kept alpine secret: Loup Loup Ski Bowl
- Backcountry Skiing! The North Cascades accessed from the dry, sunny east side.
- Snowmobiling! The state's leading snowmobile destination.
- Cross-country skiing! At the North America's biggest and best area.
Plan a trip for all this and more on our website at winthropwashington.com.